Saturday, August 12, 2006

Whyte Ave


Ah.... just got in from an entire morning of hanging out by myself, on Whyte Avenue! It was great- even the terrential rain that got in the end, while waiting for my bus! I had to dodge mad puddles across the road, on my way home!

Jason took the kids out geocaching, so took to the bus and went to the market! It's called the Old Strathcona Market, and it is full of crafts, food, furniture... anything! One thing that I really enjoyed about the Fredericton market, was the food vendors. They aren't as plentiful here- nor as ethnically diverse, surprisingly enough! Anyway, my first order of business was to get a coffee. I strolled down the rows looking at stuff, but didn't really find anything that caught my eye... or that I needed. It's so much easier to go to the market w/o the stroller! :)

After the market, I went to Bugs and Berries... a children's and maternity store. I'm sure you all are interested to know, I got a nursing bra... Bravado, of course! lol I had to stop at a Greek restaurant before getting back on Whyte, as I've been in dire need of some tzatziki (that's pronounced tad-zee-key, kind of) ! I tried a few at the market... UGH! How I miss Dimitri's in Fredericton! One of the tzatzikis tasted WAAAAY too goaty! Tzatziki is a Greek dip, made of yogourt, garlic and cucumber. No two recipes are alike in taste or texture!!

It was much warmer out than I had anticipated... I wore a black knit sweater and jeans! But I was greatful, after getting dumped on by the rain! The weather was great for a walk.

I went down to Lush and got Fiona a new bathbomb. It's green with sparkles. I'm sure she'll be happy with that. I also got some shower gel for Jason and I... Next door was Cargo & James Tea Co., and I had a gift cert. for them... so I got a nice big glass of fresh brewed iced tea! Yum!!! I got to read a good chunk of my book Memoirs of a Geisha... I'm half way through now! After a long break in the tea shop, I walked east on Whyte, and checked out Megatunes. I wish I had lots of money to blow on cds, as they had a great selection of stuff.

The Edmonton Folk Festival is on right now, and the Fringe will be starting up this week as well... Edmonton in the summer has tons of things to do, that's for sure! We just wrapped up Taste of Edmonton and Heritage Festival.

So that was my day, so far! I just got a call from Jason. He's on his way home with the kids, so I'm off to make lunch! Ciao!

No comments: