Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Reprive Released



Today was the release date of the new Ani Difranco album, Reprieve. I phoned a few places to make sure they had it, b/c as famous as Ani is... there are still tons of people who need the name repeated and spelled several times (like the media guy at Best Buy)! I even called HMV at the mall beside our house. He checked his computer, and told me 3 copies were on order, but not in yet. Well, I didn't trust him or his computer, and I decided to check the actual shelf. Success! One copy of the new CD was on the shelf. Perhaps a few steps to the folk section wouldn't have been so difficult?

Anyway... I have this hot little cd in my hands right now and I'm going to give it a listen before I turn in for the night. From what I've heard so far, it's back to the basic acoustic sounds. It's more polished than "Educated Guess", which was really rough on the editing. Here's a link to the Righteous Babe Records site, featuring the Reprieve album. I really reccommend reading the lyrics- I always do before listening- and checking out a few of the songs that are there... Enjoy!

"i mean to split yourself in two is just the most radical thing you can do       
goddess forbid that little adam should grow so jealous of eve
and in the face of the great farce of the nuclear age
feminism ain't about equality, it's about reprieve"
-Ani Difranco
from "Reprieve"

No comments: