Friday, July 28, 2006

ANI ROCKED!!!!


I just got home from seeing Ani Difranco... Man, it was awesome! She had 2 other musicians there with her- one playing bass fiddle, and the other playing xylophone/percussion. Just the way I like it... simple and very acoustic! She did a few of her old songs like Napoleon & Shameless, and a bunch off her new album, Reprieve, which isn't available until August 8 :( I was hoping she would be selling copies at the show, but no such luck! It's really interesting to see how much she's changed and grown up, really, over the past 16 years... No dreads. No green or purple hair. No big crazy boots or mis-matched clothes. Just a girl wearing cargo pants and a army green polo shirt....

I did buy a few bootleg cds she had released, as they were only $13 a piece! I was really disappointed with the t-shirt selection...moreso with the sizing! The "girlie" t-shirt was CRAZY ASS small, and looked like it would fit Fiona in the next year or two! I don't get it... Isn't Ani an anti-media mold girl, who supports women being natural and normal, rather than anorexic fashionistas??! *sigh* Needless to say, I am not a girls size 6x and didn't get a t-shirt. I did get 2 bumper stickers for my new van :) Mum's new van, that is! lol The picture at the top is one of them...

I must give thanks to Ken and Lisa who watched the kids for us tonight, so we could have an adult evening out!! Thanks so much! It was greatly appreciated....

No comments: