Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday adventures


Today, Fiona and I went to a baby shower. She was soo good while we were there. There wasn't a lot of space, and all the kids were all younger than her-- she handled it all pretty well. She seemed to have a good time, and even wore a dress and her shiny black shoes! :) All on her own accord! Before we went to the shower, we had to go back to the hairdresser's to get her hair fixed. The woman who cut it on Tuesday, doesn't know what a straight line is. The back was all choppy and her bangs weren't straight. I could have done a better job, and I think I cut her hair next time. After the haircut, we walked through the mall. Fiona wanted to try shoes on in Payless-- at least she's got a willbit of her mother in her! Then we were off to find her new vitamins. I promised she could pick out the next ones, as long as they had all the right things in it! lol And NO gummies! She chose Arthur, although Caillou was her first choice (she's never watched the show, but plays the games on the website). Usually, I attend belly dancing classes on Saturdays. However, they were cancelled b/c of the holiday on Monday. In Alberta, it's called "Family Day". I'm pretty sure it's just a civic holiday everywhere else. There are lots of things to do in the city. Last year, the buses ran for one adult fare for a whole family. We went downtown and took in the festivities. Not sure we'll partake this year. It gets so crowded, and the weather has been somewhat chilly... I know, not nearly as cold as Manitoba! :) Once again, I'm up much later than I should be! Kieran took a while to get to sleep tonight, and he's already woken once from restlessness. I made rice pudding from scratch- and man, it is delicious! Thanks Mum for that recipe book from that church in Sudbury! Off to bed...

No comments: