Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Friend Martin Will be on Canadian Idol!

[Yes, Julie... we DO have a Canadian Version of Idol!! lol]

Ok, for YEARS I have been ragging on my mother for watching this show. She's addicted to Canadian Idol, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars etc. Come to think of it.... back in the 80's, she was addicted to Star Search, too!! lol I normally don't watch Canadian Idol, but this summer, I will be!!! A friend of ours, who is one of the Baha'i's in our community is ONE OF THE TOP 24 CONTESTANTS for Canadian Idol!!

His name is Martin Kerr. You can view his page on the Canadian Idol website HERE.

He also has his own website: Martin Kerr Music

Have a listen to his songs on CDBaby

Of course, I had to tell my mother right away, that he had been selected, so she could actually phone in to vote for him. It took her a few minutes to remember that she had actually seen/met him briefly while visiting Edmonton back in 2005. I remember this, b/c we had gone to the Strathcona Martet with my family, and we purchased a sling at a children's store across the street... Along the way, we saw Martin busking outside the Strathcona Market, as seen here...That's Fiona sitting on the curb, having a listen to Martin's beautiful voice and guitar playing! Martin's between those trees...



I am doing my best to spread the word, so that people watch and vote (for him of course)!! Martin's been making music for years. He's even got a few cd's out, and just returned from China where he recorded another cd!

Good luck, Martin! We're all rooting for you here in Edmonton (and my mother will be cheering you on from New Brunswick, too)!!

Martin Kerr on MySpace

No comments: