Friday, April 07, 2006

Pop Culture: Music

Thought I'd post something diffrerent... what I'm listening to.. what I'm into... what's my pop culture?

MUSIC
Some of you must be wondering what's been in my player lately? Inquiring minds want to know, I'm sure!!! haha Well, I have to be honest. I haven't let the 90's or the 80's (for that matter), go... Not yet. However, I have gotten into some recent & new music!! Here's some of what my ears have been enjoying lately.
He sounds like a mix of Cat Stevens and Tracy Chapman. Not sure if he would find that flattering, but the resemblance is hard to deny. I especially love the song "Goodbye My Lover"... track 4 on "Back to Bedlam".
Even though they have a new album out, I haven't listened to it much. I really do have a hard time letting go of my old albums! I'm still in love with listening to "The Boy With The Arab Strap"!! They've released an album with just cover songs that they have sung over the years.
  • Modest Mouse They sound a LOT like the Pixies. I read an interview with the lead singer, and he didn't seem to like being compared to them (not sure why)... But, if you listen to their music, you will think he's in denial!! The man obviously owns a few Pixies albums! I really recommend their album, "Good News For People Who Love Bad News".
This band is amazing. They're from Montreal, and their newest release is "Funeral". It's really great to see SO much awesome music coming from Canada. Even if they weren't Canadian, I'd still love them!! lol
I haven't listened to a lot of their stuff... but perhaps I should! I really, really, really love the song "Soul Meets Body"... It's a bit of a trip back to the new wave era of the 80's, with a fresh twist.

I love his music. It's acoustic. It's poetic. It's intelligent. His new album is a kids album for the movie Curious George. It's parent-friendly. Fiona loves the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle song! Before that one, he released "Inbetween Dreams"
Oh... and Jack Johnson's really hot....

I suppose they aren't really new. I started getting into them when their first album, Parachutes, came out in 2001. I listened to it a LOT while we were in China. Their new album, "X & Y" is awesome, as well. I just love them. I would LOVE to see them live, but unfortunately, they were only coming to 3 Canadian cities... BOOOO! I don't know why Edmonton wasn't chosen!? Anyway, Chris Martin is ultra hot... and if I wasn't already married to the man of my dreams, I would consider being his woman!!! hahaha...




No comments: